Saturday, October 4, 2008

Carlos Lascano

I came across this stop motion video few months ago and I thought there was something very inspiring that tickles the romance side of us. Carlos Lascano did amazingly superb in combining both old traditional hand drawn graphics and 2D animation into the stop motion trail as well. The story started of when a couple of pencil-outlined birds escape from a little girl’s drawing, leading us through the life she dreams of. Overall it was heartwarming and I especially hit on the essence of the film when it comes down to the soundtrack and the carved wooden figures. Wunnerful!



A SHORT LOVE STORY IN STOP MOTION from Carlos Lascano on Vimeo.


Also this one was his first experimental stop motion videos and I found out my personal box of favorite useful effects to be considered into our video. Do feast you eye on.




Inspiration (stopmotion) from Carlos Lascano on Vimeo.

The post production work progress.

-Zheng Joo

No comments: